- why-didn-t-i-get-any-soup reblogged this from amadeuswatts
- grande-pallas reblogged this from physicallinguistics
- fromohiotola likes this
- crazylaughingeyes likes this
- lprovo likes this
- onemorestar likes this
- risingbreaths likes this
- risingbreaths reblogged this from msmustacheman
- supposedlyrich reblogged this from i-write-inthe-margins
- supposedlyrich likes this
- visitreality likes this
- msmustacheman reblogged this from ohcotdamn
- femmie-fatale reblogged this from ohcotdamn
- m910818 reblogged this from tb-cont
- i-write-inthe-margins reblogged this from sammy-kemp
- ohcotdamn reblogged this from zelour
- stigscousin likes this
- gothsean reblogged this from chubbychasin
- chubbychasin reblogged this from youvegot-redonyou
- youvegot-redonyou reblogged this from chopstick-ninja
- vajanuhhhh reblogged this from thetrueartsyguy
- kimmi093 likes this
- mayyflowers reblogged this from tb-cont
- qwefff146 likes this
- inlalalandwithlarry reblogged this from greytasticelastic
- greytasticelastic reblogged this from jongkey
- evolves likes this
- procrastinatinghipster reblogged this from diotheweirdo
- diotheweirdo reblogged this from xaysianboo
- diotheweirdo likes this
- thatpinkthatburnsyoureyes reblogged this from manque-damour
- thetrueartsyguy likes this
- thetrueartsyguy reblogged this from minejust-burnedgold
- ifancymymindonoccasion reblogged this from olga-aglow
- yellingforcats reblogged this from lgbtadvocate
- bluerevolutions likes this
- millory likes this
- cocotte-chaton reblogged this from swear-forever-repeat-forever
- curiousmeans likes this
- mstiefel reblogged this from willgrahamcrackr
- xaysianboo reblogged this from obi-wanparkdobi
- swear-forever-repeat-forever reblogged this from obi-wanparkdobi
- obi-wanparkdobi reblogged this from twerkingforkyungsoo
- albeom likes this
- astrospace likes this
- sherryberry1198 reblogged this from haikelsie
- twerkingforkyungsoo reblogged this from tb-cont
- haikelsie reblogged this from smileforkevvin
- hallochim reblogged this from tb-cont
- rhapsod likes this
Dowling Duncan and redesigning the American Dollar:
Why the size?
We have kept the width the same as the existing dollars. However we have changed the size of the note so that the one dollar is shorter and the 100 dollar is the longest. When stacked on top of each other it is easy to see how much money you have. It also makes it easier for the visually impaired to distinguish between notes.
Why a vertical format?
When we researched how notes are used we realized people tend to handle and deal with money vertically rather than horizontally. You tend to hold a wallet or purse vertically when searching for notes. The majority of people hand over notes vertically when making purchases. All machines accept notes vertically. Therefore a vertical note makes more sense.
Why different colors?
It’s one of the strongest ways graphically to distinguish one note from another.
Why these designs?
We wanted a concept behind the imagery so that the image directly relates to the value of each note. We also wanted the notes to be educational, not only for those living in America but visitors as well. Each note uses a black and white image depicting a particular aspect of American history and culture. They are then overprinted with informational graphics or a pattern relating to that particular image.
$1 – The first African American president
$5 – The five biggest native American tribes
$10 – The bill of rights, the first 10 amendments to the US Constitution
$20 – 20th Century America
$50 – The 50 States of America
$100 – The first 100 days of President Franklin Roosevelt. During this time he led the congress to pass more important legislations than most presidents pass in their entire term. This helped fight the economic crises at the time of the great depression. Ever since, every new president has been judged on how well they have done during the first 100 days of their term.
immediately in favor of chucking the poo-stained green shit
LOOK AT THAT 20. JUST. LOOK. AT. THAT. 20.
Our bills look so old fashioned compared to the rest of the world.
wow can we seriously get on this.
tumblr’s where i get my news.
I just don’t get why Barack Obama’s on here. Why not George Washington or something?